Butter chicken also popular with the name murgh makhani is a famous Punjabi cuisine. It is simply a chunk of tandoori chicken pieces prepared in creamy and buttery gravy. The delicious chicken cuisine is famous worldwide for its exceptional taste. The cuisine was invented by the owner of famous Moti Mehal restaurant in Delhi. Kundal Lal Gujral had a secret recipe which is still unknown but, with a lot of efforts we have somehow achieved to cook it well.
The chunk of chicken pieces are marinated with various masalas and are grilled. The pieces are soft,spicy and delicious. On the other hand, the tomato based gravy is cooked with various masalas and pastes. Finally, the gravy we have is a bit sweet, thick, slurry and very tasty. The combination of chicken pieces and gravy is simply amazing. People all over the world love this dish. Butter chicken is served in more than 70 % of the Indian celebration. It’s very simple to cook, simply serve it with naan and enjoy the food. So here is the recipe to help you cook butter chicken at home.
1.) 1 lbs of boneless chicken
2.) 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3.) 1 cup thick cream
4.) 1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves
5.) 4 – 7 tablespoon salt
6.) 2 – 4 drops liquid smoke
7.) 1 tablespoon sugar / honey
8.) 1 tablespoon chili powder
9.) 2 tablespoon garlic paste
10.) 1 tablespoon garam masala
11.) 6 garlic clove
12.) 1 tablespoon tomato paste
13.) 28 ounces of crushed tomato
14.) 2 tablespoon chopped green chili pepper
15.) 1 tablespoon ginger paste
16.) 1 tablespoon of olive oil
17.) 4 tablespoon of melted butter
STEPS TO COOK MURGH MAKHANI
– Marinade the chicken.
-Chop the chicken into small boneless pieces
– Place it in a nonporous bowl for Marination
– Pour a mixture of yogurt,liquid smoke, lemon juice, pepper, salt, chili powder etc.
– Allow to it to refrigerate for at least 90 minutes
– Separately form a new mixture of butter, chili powder, garam masala, lemon juice, oil ginger paste, garlic etc.
– Change the covering of the chicken with the new mixture
– Again keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 – 4 more hours
– Preheat the oven / microwave for 3 – 5 minutes at 350 F temperature
– Now it is time to bake the chicken for at least 30 minutes in the preheated oven
– The most important part is to prepare the sauce
– Allow 2 tablespoons of butter to melt over a mediumly heated large saucepan.
– Add 2 tablespoons of garam masala in the pan, and stir it until it turns bubbly and puffy
– Instantly add garlic paste, ginger, and green chili pepper and stir the mixture for 3 – 5 minutes
– One by one add all the important ingredients like tomato paste,tomato puree, garam masala, salt, chili powder, liquid smoke etc.
– Continue to stir it at the constant flame. After a while reduce the heat, allow the sauce to turn a bit thick.
– Add to it cream , fenugreek, and honey for its final taste.
– Continue to stir it at the constant flame for at least 5 – 8 minutes.
– Put the marinated chicken and the delicious sauce in a single pot.
– Continue to cook it at a constant temperature for at least an hour or so.
– Cook until the liquid reduced to its 1/3.
– Put some salts and flavors for the final taste.
– Garnish and decorate it.
Now your tasty and buttery murgh makhani is ready to be served.